Cook Time: 8 hours
This hearty sweet potato chili is made in the slow cooker – perfect for cooler fall days.
- 28 ounce (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 23 ounce (680 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained; or 3 cups cooked kidney beans (start with 1.5 c dry beans, soak overnight)
- 1 cup corn, frozen and thawed
- 1 lb ground beef sirloin (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- If using cooked beans, soak 1.5 cups kidney beans overnight, rinse and pre-cook while preparing the rest of the chili.
- Roast the corn until most pieces have a dark/charred corner, either in your slow cooker, if it has that function, or on the stove top. A dry pan or pot works best. Set aside corn and brown the meat (in slow cooker or on stove stop).
- Combine all ingredients in the base of your slow cooker and stir to mix well. Cook on low for 8 hours.
richmond-wellness.com | 8 N Robinson St Richmond VA 23220 | 804-367-3589