Today’s post and recipe comes from Michael Coles and Enrich Your Health! He is a Transformational Health Coach and Sports Therapy Practitioner and a friend of The Well!
“Be the first to sink your teeth into some delicious and healthy meals. Share them with family and friends, they’ll love ’em too and think you’re a Gourmet Chef.
Delicious whole food, vegetable based recipes that are easy to make and help your brain and body feel good!
BY MICHAEL COLES
There is nothing like a hot cup of coffee and a warm breakfast on a chilly Fall morning! I hear people say oatmeal hits the spot in the morning. My wife (Colleen) eats oatmeal at least 3 times a week. Oatmeal looks so boring to me so I thought I’d spice it up a bit!
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup almond, soy, or any milk of your choice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Lady grey or Earl gray tea bag
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp cardamom (if you have it)
- Steep tea bag in 1/2 cup hot water and let sit while you gather the other ingredients.
- Grab a small sauce pot, put it on low heat on the stove top.
- Add milk, honey and vanilla extract to pot.
- Add all remaining spices and the tea.
- Bring milk and tea to a boil.
- Add oats and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add any fruit or nuts you like and enjoy!“
Michael Coles and Enrich Your Health is a partner and resource of The Well. Reach out today to connect with us!