Personal training sessions are an investment in your health and fitness, so you want to make the most of each session.
Here are some tips to maximize your personal training:
- Come Prepared – Bring a water bottle, towel, workout gear and any equipment you’ll need for your session like weight lifting gloves or resistance bands. Being prepared allows you to dive right into your workout and not waste time gathering supplies. At our private studios, we do, however, have water bottles and towels available to you if you need. So, no sweat if you forget something!
- Focus on Form – When your trainer is instructing you on proper form for an exercise, pay close attention. Good form is key to getting the most benefit from the exercise and preventing injury. Ask questions if you’re unsure about anything. Your trainer would rather you ask for clarification than perform an exercise incorrectly.
- Challenge Yourself – Don’t be afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Your trainer will guide you to the appropriate level of intensity, but a big part of progress is continuing to challenge your body. Give each set your all and don’t be afraid to add more weight or do an extra rep.
- Take Notes – Bring a notebook to your sessions (or use an app on your phone) and jot down the exercises in your workout routine, number of sets and reps for each, and any tips your trainer provides. Notes help you remember what to do between personal training sessions and keep you on track towards your goals. When you’re working with our trainers, you get access to an app that will have your workouts within it and we can track as we go! How easy can we make this for you? Still yet, be sure to take ownership in paying attention to progress you’re making.
- Communicate – Speak up and let your trainer know if an exercise is too difficult or easy, if you have any pain or if you feel like your progress is stalling. Honest communication helps your trainer provide the best program and experience for you.
- Stay Hydrated – Drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout. Staying hydrated gives you more energy for your session and aids muscle recovery afterwards. For more info on hydration, check out this article.
In the end, we are going to do all we can to help you towards your goals. Use us for this! We are your coaches. If you have questions or concerns, communicate them. Let’s not forget to incorporate mindset and lifestyle discussions within your personal training sessions. We are here for your success and while we are very good at what we do, we are not mind readers 🙂 Let us know what’s on your mind!
If you’re not already working with us, apply for an Exploratory Session below and let’s explore what it would look like! Check out some of our testimonials for inspiration. Your story could be next!